Thursday, June 13, 2013

In Our Home

Several months ago I was cruising through Pinterest and pinned a vinyl wall decal 'pledge' (for lack of a better word) that I absolutely loved.  It started with "In this house...we do...".  I finally have the ability to design and cut out wall decals on my own and this was my first project.  I wanted to change the 'in this house' to 'in our home' for obvious reasons.  Adam also really wanted the word 'honor' to be included.  So I got to work redesigning it to suit our preferences.  I loved how this turned out! 

More than that, I love that I am now able to take our kids to the wall and read through it as a reminder when they are in need of discipline, forgiveness and reassurance.  All of these things are taught with words but for a child to truly understand it has to be put into practice.  Today, one of the kids had said some mean things to another child and it was so neat to read through it.  Yes, they had made a mistake...yes, they needed to be forgiven...yes, they were being given a second chance.  But also to point out their mistake did not honor others or show others love.  Every person living under this roof has been guilty of or needed each thing mentioned on our wall.  That reminds us daily of why we are all in need of grace and why we are all called to extend grace to others.  (please excuse the laundry pile in the background of the picture...I thought about cropping it out, but that wouldn't be 'being REAL')

No comments:

Post a Comment