Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Friday!

Today was quite the busy day!  We did three things on our bucket list...woohoo!!!  We met my friend, Rachel, and her two girls at the park this morning and enjoyed playing on the playground and walking on a nature trail.  We found flowers, rocks, squirrels, ducks and 'yucky' lake water along the way.  The kids enjoyed just being outside and getting to hang out with friends.

Afterwards, on our way to the library, Adam called and told us one of his boss' 3 month old twins were up at the office and asked if we wanted to come visit.  So we detoured to daddy's work.  They enjoyed getting to see where Daddy works to provide for our family. 

Our last stop for the morning was the public library.  There we exchanged 16 books for 19!  These kids love picking out books for their quiet times after lunch each day.  There is a summer reading program going on that we are joining in on.  With the amount of time the kids spend reading during the afternoon, they will meet their goals pretty quickly.

Our afternoon included a much needed quiet time and I got to enjoy some time catching up with my FB friends back in Texas.  I love that I am able to see what people are up to and what their kids grow.  I cannot believe how many have just graduated high school or are now entering high school.  One of the girls I had in children's ministry graduated high school!  She is not the first...this has been going on the past few years.  Though I know I am not old...it sure has a way of making me feel that way.

We enjoyed our evening outside swinging Bryson in his swing and catching fireflies with our nifty toys we got from Sonic a few months ago.  The bug catcher is awesome!  I love our family and the memories we create each day.  We enjoy hanging out together as each day brings a new adventure.  I love Fridays because it means we have a couple of days with Daddy home!  We are looking forward to Father's Day weekend!  Emma turns 5 on Monday...time flies by so quickly!


 Emma loves picking flowers...she brought these for Bryson and me.  Even more than the flower, I love the look on her face when she has done something nice for someone else.

Bryson got tons of attention while in the baby swing today!






I love this picture!  The kids were all posing for a picture and saw a squirrel behind me.  

Caleb spotted a couple of ducks in the lake...quack! quack!

Visiting Daddy at work :-)

Going to the library



Sleepy but still smiling!

Emma spent the evening next to Bryson.  Below is a precious video of Emma singing a song she learned at VBS this week.  I have heard it over and over again this week.  She has an incredible memory and picks up things so quickly!  Emma is an amazing big sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment