Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Why I Chose to be a Distributor for Young Living




So do you ever find out someone you know on Facebook or another social media avenue has become a distributor and quickly finding yourself resort to an eye roll that says, “Well, here we go.  Another fabulous product I can’t live without and I am crazy if I don’t try it.”?  If I can be honest, I certainly have.  We live in an age where everyone is researching the newest thing and once they have found it, it is TO DIE FOR! 

When I became an independent distributor for Young Living Essential Oils, I knew I was officially in “that group”.  That group of people who only post about their business and what you are missing out on if you don’t jump in and order soon!  But wait, act now and I’ll throw in (fill in the blank)….for FREE!  I shudder to think I may have become that person in anyone’s mind.

The truth is, when I find something I am passionate about…I talk about it!  Generally, whether good or bad, that is what Facebook is all about, right?  You have the choice to read all about it or to scroll right on past.  I promise, I won’t hold it against you should you choose to do the latter. 

When I realized all that Essential Oils could do, it was a HUGE light bulb moment for me.  When I ordered and received my starter kit, it was a HUGE light bulb moment for me.  When I decided I wanted to be a distributor for these oils, because they really do WORK, it was a HUGE light bulb moment for me.  When I was able to run over samples to my friend’s homes to help them with a queasy stomach or horrific headache, it was a HUGE light bulb moment for me.  How many times have you heard “I am sorry you don’t feel well, if there was something I could do, I would.”?


This is a company that has a product that isn’t about carrying around the latest fashion, cooking with the coolest gadgets, wearing the coolest jewelry or investing in something for just me. No…these products could benefit everyone and the company has been around for 20 years!  Essential Oils have done wonders for my skin care, hair care and diet.  They have eased up headaches, nausea, sore muscles, ear aches and much more.  They have helped curb my appetite and get me on track to a healthier lifestyle.  They have helped me get the best night’s rest I have had in YEARS.  They have enabled me to get off my anti-depressants prescriptions of 8 YEARS!  And that is just ME…the same oils that do these things for me have helped my family in countless ways!  Young Living, for me, isn’t about another latest fad that has the potential to supplement our income (though it does).  It is discovering, exploring and testing out ways that I can use 100% pure oils to guard the health of my family as well as myself.  We are talking OVERALL health too!  There is always going to be an essential oil that can help with something and I love being the mom that my family comes to in order to find out which one!



Why wouldn’t I want to share?  Now, hear me when I say…my family still eats at fast food restaurants.  We are not health nuts (I say that with utmost respect) who refuse to ever eat anything classified as “junk”.  We do not exercise regularly (though I have taken up running lately and am thoroughly enjoying it).  We do our best, but we also love convenience!

So, when you see me post about essential oils, please do me a favor.  Try to go easy on me, okay?  Oils are extremely addicting…especially after you discover how well they work!  We do all have passions…mine just happens to be one that I get to share and help support my family financially in the process!  Outside of that, essential oils have really become a part of our everyday life (hubby included…he loves using them and often calls me Mama Smurf…ha!).

I wish there was a way around becoming one of “those” people.  Maybe someday, if you try essential oils, you will look back and think “Aha!”…that would actually be pretty cool!  But if not, please love me and just scroll on past my oily messages.  I promise intermingled in there will be updates on my family and how we are doing with occasional pictures and videos as proof!  


No comments:

Post a Comment