Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Bible Says So



Jesus Loves Me.  The Bible Says So.  I have known this song my entire life.  I loved singing it at home, at church, and really anywhere people would listen to me and it was even better if they joined in.  What is it about this song that makes us think it is for children?  I understand teaching it to children early on because of its absolute truth!  Who wouldn’t want their children to have this message engrained in their hearts?


As we get older, we move on to other songs.  When we do hear, “Jesus Loves Me,” we look around for a small child in the room or a group of kids sitting together in a circle swaying back and forth and perhaps adding in a few hand motions ever so often.  

I have found myself singing it over the past few days and marveling at the beauty of its message.  Jesus DOES indeed love me…I know He does.  Why?  Because EVERYTHING in the Bible is absolutely true, and the Bible tells me so.  I am weak in SO many ways.  I spend so much time focusing on not feeling good enough or equipped to do some of the most daunting tasks that lay before me.  But Jesus is strong.  As we sang at church last week…my sin is strong, but JESUS is stronger!

It really is such a simple song that we ALL need to be reminded of often.  There really is nothing about life that is simple.  We all want to be loved.  We all want to be accepted.

We can find so much strength in our Savior…so much hope in His Word.  We can surely know that He will never leave us…because He loves us.  Why?  He just does!  As an extremely wise woman once told me, “Don’t analyze it, just enjoy it!”

This is an adaptation of the song, “Jesus Loves Me”, which my husband put together several years back.  Just hearing it can make even the worst of days bearable.   I may not be the little girl in pigtails running around singing it while at play.  I am older…but deep inside that little girl is still there.  And she needs to hear the simple and extravagant message that Jesus loves her very much no matter what! 


No comments:

Post a Comment